giovedì 13 giugno 2013

da THE SCHOONER FLIGHT, di Derek Walcott, " The Flight Anchors in Castries Harbor"






StarS over Harbor /  Kenneth Turner
MDA Art Collection






















7 The Flight Anchors in Castries Harbor

When the stars self were young over Castries,
I loved you alone and I loved the whole world.
What does it matter that our lives are different?
Burdened with the loves of our different children?
When I think of your young face washed by the wind
and your voice that chuckles in the slap of the sea?
The lights are out on La Toc promontory,
except for the hospital. Across at Vigie
the marina arcs keep vigil. I have kept my own
promise, to leave you the one thing I own,
you whom I loved first: my poetry.
We here for one night. Tomorrow, the Flight will be gone.






Quando su Castries erano giovani anche le stelle
amavo solo te ed amavo il mondo intero
Cosa importa se le nostre vite sono così diverse?
Oppresse dall'amore di figli così diversi?
Quando penso al tuo viso giovane lavato dal vento
e alla tua voce che ride sommessa nel fragore del mare?
Le luci  si sono spente sul promontorio di La Toc
tranne che nell' Ospedale. Di fronte a Vigie
le arcate del porticciolo fanno la guardia. Ho mantenuto
la mia promessa , a te che per prima ho amato, lascio
la sola cosa  che possiedo: la mia poesia.
Stanotte staremo qui. Domani  la Flight partirà.

Nessun commento :

Posta un commento